There is a number of good books covering data science in Python and R.
The following books are required for this course:
- Think Python, 2nd ed.
- Introduction to Data Science – A Python Approach to Concepts, Techniques and Applications“
- Think Stats, 2nd ed.
- R for Data Science
All the required books were selected for their free availability - they can be freely downloaded.
For Python - in Czech, the following book is freely available in electronic form (pdf):
The following books are recommended for further reading:
- Programming in Python 3, 2nd Ed.
- Python Machine Learning
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning with Applications in R
- Scala for Machine Lerarning
- Functional Programming in Scala